If you’re thinking about switching to a water metre, check out the prices before making the decision. The price of the metres has gone up in Timmins. Mayor Steve Black says this is because the cost went up on the city’s end. The city looked at their prices, and then added a 15 per cent administration fee to run the program.
Black says about 90 per cent of the city doesn’t use the water metres, and the other 10 per cent already have one. He says this price increase will mainly affect those switching to a water metre, or a new business starting up because commercial properties use the metres.
Depending on the size of the metre, prices are going anywhere from $20 to $200.