Timmins Transit is free today, in honour of Earth Day. One city bus can take up to 50 cars off of the road, and takes three times less energy per passenger.
You can also save some money by taking the bus, even on regular days; it’s cheaper by $2000/year, compared to driving.
Earth Day and public transit highlights:
– One city bus can take 40 to 50 vehicles off the road, save 70,000 litres of fuel and keep 168
tonnes of pollutants out of the atmosphere each year.
– Public transit consumes 3 times less energy per passenger-kilometre than the automobile,
making it three times more efficient
– Transit has the lowest fatality rate of any transportation mode.
– A shift from single-occupancy vehicle use to Public Transit will reduce transportation related
green house gas emissions.
– The average single vehicle commuter can save over $2,000 in annual fuel costs by riding