Listen Live
HomeNewsCollege Boreal students donate 200 winter kits to help Timmins most vulnerable...

College Boreal students donate 200 winter kits to help Timmins most vulnerable residents

College Boreal in Timmins delivered 200 winter kits to the community’s most vulnerable residents yesterday. The humanitarian project is in collaboration between the school, the Diocese of Timmins and Newmont Porcupine.

Teacher and project organizer Michel Mainville says the kits will be distributed by the Mushkegowuk Fire Keeper Patrol, and outreach workers from Living Space Timmins.

“The kits contain a sleeping bag, a toque, winter gloves, neck warmer, earmuffs winter socks, hand warmers and a mylar blanket,” he said.

Mainville says the project allows students to give back to the community to initiate them to the plight of the less fortunate and see what they can do to make a difference. He adds that students also travel to Guatemala to understand poverty on an international level.

- Advertisement -

Director of College Boreal’s Timmins campus Melanie Dufresne says at this time of year when weather conditions can be particularly harsh it’s important to support our community.

“College Boreal is proud of this new partnership and we look forward to the positive impact these kits will have, so that no one is left out,” she said.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading