The drinking water advisory in Foleyet has been lifted. The Sudbury Health Unit put the advisory in earlier this week, when there was a drop in the water pressure system. When that happens, the water has to be tested for bacteria. The tests came back all clear, but you still might notice a chlorine smell or discoloured water.
The Health Unit gives these tips for what to do after an advisory:
- Run cold water faucets for five minutes or until the water runs clear.
- Run drinking fountains for five minutes before using the water or until the water runs clear.
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Drain and refill hot water heaters.
- Large-volume users (for example, schools) may need to run cold water taps for a longer period of time on first use.
- To get rid of sediment, screens should be removed, rinsed and put back in place.