The largest business awards show north of Bay Street was on the yellow brick road inside the McIntyre Arena Thursday night. The annual Timmins Chamber of Commerce Nova Awards attracted over 700 people and handed out 16 awards, built around a Wizard of Oz theme.
The lifetime business achievement award was picked up by Tisdale Mechanical Contracting.
President Collin Clarke topped off the usual thank yous with a tribute to his staff.
“You are our foundation,” he told the group he calls Team Tisdale. “You are at the forefront of our company. We love you, we appreciate every single one of you.”
Clarke is the third generation president of the company founded by his grandfather in 1955.
A company that hasn’t been around Timmins all that long was nonetheless awarded the prestigious Chamber President’s Award. Chamber of Commerce president Rob Knox paid tribute to the accounting firm MNP.
“Champions of diversity, their brand can be seen at the community level with such groups as Timmins and District Hospital, the Chamber and many local sports and recreation activities,” Knox said
The gala at the Mac was the 20th annual edition of the Novas.
2022 Nova Awards recipients:
- BMT Insurance & Financial Services Business Contribution to the Community Award (1-5 Employees): Aston Wellness Clinic
- The Venture Centre Business Contribution to the Community Award (6-10 Employees): First General Services Timmins
- NorthernTel Business Contribution to the Community Award (11+ Employees): Royal Bank of Canada
- FNETB Best Place to Work Award: Hard Rock Animal Hospital
- Newmont Porcupine Young Leader Award: Joelle Charbonneau – Joelle’s Technical
Resources & Custom Works Inc.
- RBC Marketing Award: Steinberg & Mahn
- National Bank Innovation Award: Rebel Soul
- Northern College Service Excellence Award: The Movement Studio
- Caisse Alliance New Business Award (Under 2 years): North Care Denture Design
- TD Bank Group Business of the Year Award (1-5 Employees): Spa in the Woods
- Scotiabank Business of the Year Award (6-10 Employees): Bright Spot Therapy Services Ltd.
- Kidd Operations Business of the Year Award (11+ Employees): Airmaxx Plus Inc.
- Agnico Eagle Indigenous Partnership Award: Five Nations Energy Inc.
- City of Timmins Non-Profit Organization Award: Mount Jamieson Resort
- OPG Lifetime Business Achievement Award: Tisdale Mechanical Contracting Ltd.
- The Chamber President’s Award: MNP LLP