Listen Live
HomeNewsThree apartments badly damaged by suppertime fire; smoking blamed

Three apartments badly damaged by suppertime fire; smoking blamed

- Advertisement -

Smoking gets the blame for a suppertime fire Tuesday night, causing extensive damage to a three-unit house on Tamarack St.

Deputy Timmins Fire Chief Berny Stansa  says it started on the porch outside the ground floor apartment at 318 Tamarack.  A plastic container used for cigarette butts caught fire, melted, and spread flames up the vinyl siding into the eaves and the attic. The roof and the ceiling of the top apartment collapsed.

Stansa says the ground floor and basement units were heavily water-damaged.

It’s not confirmed, but it appears six people were displaced.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading