Listen Live
HomeNewsHave you ever heard of pot toxicity in a dog? Doris and...

Have you ever heard of pot toxicity in a dog? Doris and Ken Byron have now

- Advertisement -

Doris and Ken Byron have a cautionary tale for anyone walking their dogs in the winter: Keep an eye on what they might get into.

This comes from a recent episode the retired Iroquois Falls couple had with their six-month-old Yorkie-Poo, Minnie.

“We didn’t know if she was having a seizure or a stroke or whatever,” says Mrs. Byron.

Shortly after a walk along a snowmobile trail beside the Abitibi golf course, Minnie was stiff and shaking.  So the Byrons rushed her to South Porcupine, and handed her off to their veterinarian.

- Advertisement -

“In ten minutes, the vet called me out and said ‘Mrs. Byron, you don’t have to worry too much about this,’ he said, ‘I think it’s pot toxicity.’”

Minnie the Yorkie-Poo. (Doris Byron/Facebook)

Mrs. Byron says Minnie “was out of it” for the rest of the day.  She and her husband brought the dog to bed with them.

“And then at about 1:30 or 2 in the morning when I got up for my bathroom rip,” she recalls, “she seemed to be much better and by morning, she was fine and she was over it.”

Minnie needed Benadryl for a couple days for a persistent itch, but is fine now.

The Byrons figure she picked up some weed or a gummy along the trail.  From now on, they’ll discourage her from nuzzling into anything while out for a walk.

Hear the complete interview with Doris Byron right here.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Continue Reading