News Schumacher fire leaves four homeless SHARE ON: Taylor Ablett, staff Wednesday, May. 6th, 2015 An apartment fire broke out in Schumacher, leaving four tenants homeless. Windows are smashed, and there is heavy smoke damage, which will need to be fixed before they can move back in. It broke out yesterday afternoon, at the corner of Grant and Father Costello. There were no serious injuries, but one man was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Although the apartment where it started is supposed to be empty, reports say that there was a mattress on the floor as well as a couch. An investigation into what sparked the blaze is on going.