If you have a local business or non profit that needs a renovation, you can apply for funding today. Timmins is investing $50, 000 to fix up properties in parts of the downtown core, Schumacher, and South Porcupine.
There are a few different grant programs, and they will invest a max of $15, 000 into one property. Application details are online, and will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
- Façade Improvement Grants can be up to 50% of costs to a maximum of $15,000 to enhance the outer appearance of buildings (including signage).
- Energy Efficiency Grants can be up to 50% costs to a maximum of $15,000 for Window and Door Improvements, Insulation, Energy Efficient Lighting and Heating and Ventilation and Air Conditioning Improvements.
- Building Code Upgrade Grants can be up to 50% of costs to improve accessibility, develop upper storey residential housing and improve health and safety for the building up to a maximum of $15,000.
- Demolition and Tipping Fee Assistance can be up to 50% of costs up to $15,000.
- Feasibility Study Grants can be up to 50% of costs up to $5000 for design, engineering or business plans.
CLICK HERE for more information and to apply.