Local writers are being featured at the first Timmins author fair.
The Timmins Public Library is hosting this fair as part of national novel writing month. Reference Assistant Christine Fortin says nine authors will be set up promoting their books and answering your questions about writing and getting published. “We have different authors from different genres. We have comic books, poetry, cookbooks, French and English books.”
Fortin says this is a great way to support local authors and learn about different people’s writing processes. “It’s a good way to show the public that if you are wanting to write a book, it’s possible and we have some local people who do and have. They are willing to share their experience.”
Here is a list of authors coming to the fair:
- Alexandre Gagnon: author of Blown Into Life, an interactive children’s book and balloon character kit
- Daphne Wallbridge: author of Step Up, Step Out: A Girl’s Guide to Empowerment, Self-Leadership, and Success
- Davis Dewsbury: author and illustrator of the comic book series Auric of the Great White North
- Francine Langevin Lefebvre : author of Ti-Pierre et son chien
- J.L. Fizzell: author of three poetry collections: Pearls & Swine, North of Dreams and Icarus, Anchors & You
- Janelle & Josée Berthiaume: sisters and co-authors of the vegan cookbook The Lifestyle Notebook
- Kevin Vincent: author of local history books Bootleg Gold VOLUMES 1& 2
- Lysette Brochu: French children`s author of Brûlants secrets de Marianne, Cheveux bouclés et queues en tire-bouchon, Les folies du poisson d’avril.
- Monique Chenier: author of Remembering Medusa remembering and Neo verse
Fortin adds that patrons who come to the event will be given a “passport”. She says as you visit the different booths, you get the author to sign the passport. Fortin says once you have it filled, it gets entered into a draw to win whatever book you would like from the author of your choice.
She says this is the first year the library is hosting an event like this, so it will start off small and keep growing. The event will start tomorrow night at 6:00pm at the Timmins branch.