Fireworks are blowing up the sky in Timmins as part of Stars and Thunder’s International Firework Competition.
A lot of work has been done over the last few months to get the shows to where they are today. Firework Technician Andy Adams says it stars by each team putting together their show scripts.
Adams says each team has a limit of 3.5 thousand individual hits from the Goldcorp Hollinger Pit berm. He adds the Berm has given them some challenges with the set up.
Adams says all the shows are set to music and last about 18 to 20 minutes. He says the fireworks will be set off rain or shine.
Here is a list of the firework competition competitors:
- Saturday June 24: Team France (Fèérie Feux D’artifices)
- Sunday June 25: Team Italy (Ipon Fireworks)
- Monday June 26: Team Finland (Oy Pyroman Fireworks)
- Tuesday June 27: Team Ukraine (Dance of Fire)
- Wednesday June 28: Team China (Hefung Fireworks Ltd.)
- Thursday June 29: Team Brazil (Fireworks do Brasil)
- Friday June 30: Team UK (Titanium Fireworks)
Team Canada will have it’s show on Canada Day, but will not participate in the competition because it is the host country.