The Great Canadian Kayak Challenge and Festival has made it into the top 13 list of summer themed festivals in Ontario. Festivals and Events Ontario recently sent out their list of the top festivals in the province, saying they offer a distinctive and unique experience for anyone who goes.
Only one other fest in northern Ontario made the list, which is the Teddy Bear Picnic in Thunder Bay. The Kayak Fest runs from August 26th to the 28th.
The full list of the top 13 events is below:
- Teddy Bear Picnic July 12 (Thunder Bay)
- Collingwood Elvis Festival July 20 – July 24 (Collingwood)
- Rogers Cup presented by National Bank July 23 – July 31 (Toronto)
- Brancroft Rockhound Gemboree July 28 – July 31 (Bancroft)
- Cobourg Sandcastle Festival July 30 (Cobourg)
- Kingston Sheep Dog Trials Festival Aug 5 – Aug 7 (Kingston)
- Dundas Cactus Festival Aug 19 – Aug 21 (Dundas)
- Tweed Tribute to Elvis Festival Aug 19 – Aug 21 (Tweed)
- Great Canadian Kayak Challenge & Festival Aug 26 – Aug 28 (Timmins)
- Meaford Scarecrow Invasion Sept 16 – Oct 16
- Telling Tales – A Family Festival of Stories Sept 20 – Sept 24 (Hamilton)
- International Plowing Match & Rural Expo Sept 20 – Sept 24 (Harriston)