Due to COVID-19 there are events, facilities and programs in our community that are being cancelled, closed or postponed. This page will keep track of everything for you:
- Timmins City Hall is now closed to the public. City business proceeds as usual. You can still pay parking tickets, tax bills, water and sewer bills, etc. online. If you need help or information, call Service Timmins.
- The Golden Manor has suspended non-essential services and visits
- Timmins Library has cancelled all programming and will be closed until further notice
- The Timmins Museum is closed until further notice
- The MICs Group of Health Services (Matheson/Iroquois Falls/Cochrane) has announced, effective immediately, that no visitors or volunteers will be allowed in hospitals and Long-Term-Care. All out patients are being screened. Some outpatient services could be impacted. You will be notified if your appointment is deferred or cancelled. Please contact the Porcupine Health Unit (705-461-1818) or Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) if you are experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath and have concerns.
- The Timmins Police Service has decided to temporarily modify some non-urgent service delivery mechanisms, effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, at 9:00 am.. These measures are aimed at protecting all by minimizing the possibility of human to human transmission of the virus. Rest assured that all front-line emergency services remain intact and fully available. The Timmins Police Service is asking the general public to restrict attending the police station at 185 Spruce Street South unless absolutely necessary. In short, the Timmins Police Service will not be accepting in-person record check applications, Freedom of Information requests, or police advice until such time as it is deemed safe and responsible to re-implement these services in an “over the counter” fashion. For full details, please click the link here.
- Science Village is closed until further notice.
- Jackpot City Bingo will be closed until further notice.
- La Ronde Bingo has been cancelled
- Discover Fitness is cancelling all classes, tanning and kids club. They are also postponing their hockey clinic
- Pat Picard School of Dance is closed
- Timmins Martial Arts Centre is closed until further notice
- Goodlife Fitness is closed until further notice
- YMCA is closed until further notice
- Hollinger Dental is closed. Emergency treatment will be done as necessary
- Art & Soul Studios has cancelled classes until further notice
- Rainville Health is closed, but can be contacted by phone
- The Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities (FONOM) have cancelled their Annual General Meeting and Conference which was to take place in Timmins, from May 13th to 15th
- NOJHL Playoffs (affecting Timmins Rock) has been cancelled for 2019-2020
- The Archie Dillon Sportsplex Pool is closed to the public. Pool maintenance is planned to take advantage of the downtime.
- McIntyre Curling Club season.
- Timmins & District Hospital Foundation gala, set for May 23, is cancelled
- Timmins & District Humane Society will be limiting public access to our building in an effort to keep our staff, volunteers, and the public safe. In turn, Timmins’ shelter animals will also remain safe and well cared for
- Northern College will be suspending its face-to-face classes until further notice and closing its doors to the public immediately. The College currently is on reading week and class suspensions are effective March 20, 2020 when reading week ends. Commencing the week of March 23, students may resume studies through remote program delivery utilizing the college’ learning management system, Blackboard.
- ALL snowmobile trails will be closed as of 11:59pm on Saturday, March 21st, according to the OFSC
ALL Provincial Parks in Ontario are closed. In our region that includes Kettle Lakes Provincial Park & Rene Brunelle Provincial Park
- The Diocese of Timmins announced the suspension of public Masses
- The Timmins Symphony Orchestra has cancelled its fundraising event, scheduled for April 4th. In addition, all orchestra, chorus and adult band rehearsals have been suspended and the TSO Music School will cease operation until further notice
- The Timmins & District Multicultural Centre, our local immigrant settlement service, along with the Timmins Local Immigration Partnership, have opted to close their offices and move their services online until further notice
- The Cochrane Sportsman’s Show (May 9th-10th) has been cancelled
- The Porquis Music Festival (July 17, 18, 19) has been cancelled
The Timmins Chamber of Commerce has announced that all Chamber events scheduled up to mid-April have been postponed and will be rescheduled. They will determine the status of future events based on recommendations from organizations such as the Porcupine Health Unit and government agencies. Please check their website for further updates
- Timmins Symphony Orchestra is postponing their May 9th concert. No new date has been determined as of yet
- Advertisement -