News ONTC cancellations means a three-day trip from Northern Ontario to Ottawa SHARE ON: Taylor Ablett, staff Wednesday, Nov. 4th, 2015 A Northern Ontario MPP is calling out the Wynne Liberals over the cuts to the ONTC. It was announced this week that more bus routes are being cancelled. Temiskaming-Cochrane MPP, John Vanthof, says the government is denying public transit to Northerners. He says the province claims their commitment remains strong, but services are being cancelled once again. In 2012, the only passenger train in northern Ontario was cancelled, and Vanthof says since then more bus stations are being shut down. With these new cancellations, it will now take three days to get to Ottawa from the north. The Minister of Northern Development and Mines, Michael Gravelle, says they are keeping four out of five lines of the ONTC open. He says they are committed to the sustainability of Ontario Northland.