Timmins Police are continuing their investigation into a firearm incident in the south end of the city late Friday afternoon. A Toronto area man was shot and transported to hospital where he remains in stable condition.
Police are actively seeking the identity and location of the person involved in the incident. No threat to the public exists at this time.
If you may have witnessed the incident or know anything about it, you can call Timmins Police or Crime Stoppers.
A 19-year-old Toronto man is in Timmins Police custody, in connection to that shooting incident Friday afternoon on Spruce St. South at Kimberley Ave..
He’s up on nine criminal charges — seven of which are related to firearms. The other two are aggravated assault and failing to comply with a probation order.
A bail hearing is set for Wednesday in Timmins.
– Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Firearm
– Careless Use of a Firearm
– Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
– Pointing a Firearm in a Careless Manner
– Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Firearm
– Discharge of Firearm with Intent
– Aggravated Assault
– Possess a Firearm
– Fail to Comply with Probation Order
Source: Timmins Police Service