Timmins MPP George Pirie spent time on the first day of the legislature’s holiday break, announcing more than $5-million from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund for projects in the city.
Topping the list at two-million is Mikro-Tek. The biotech company will use it to buy equipment allowing it to plant more than 50-million tree seedlings and study its seedling fortification technology.
City Hall is getting just over $1.6-million to expand the stratospheric balloon launch base at the airport. It’s the only one of its kind in Canada.
The full list: -Source: Ontario Ministry of Northern Development and George Pirie, Timmins MPP
- $2 million for Mikro-Tek Inc. – a biotechnology company specializing in natural methods to increase plant growth – to purchase equipment needed for the companyto plant over 50 million seedlings and study the benefits of its seedling- fortification technology
- $1,614,503 for the City of Timmins to expand its stratospheric balloon launch base – the first and only facility of its kind in Canada
- $500,000for My Animal Productions Inc. to produce the feature film My Animal, a supernatural, coming-of-age drama
- $395,164 for Dumoulin Trucking — a trucking and landscaping company serving the mining sector – to build a new facility and purchase equipment in order to expand its services to include heavy equipment truck washing
- $268,642for Caron Equipment Inc. – a civil engineering firm specializing in mine site preparation and material handling – to build additional workspace and purchase a new excavator to fulfill new contracts, including one with Newmont at the Borden Mine
- $195,852for Joel Vachon Trucking –a trucking company serving the mining, forestry and recycling sectors – to purchase additional trucks and trailers
- $81,800 for Superior Grading – a civil engineering contractor specializing in commercial and industrial projects serving the forestry and mining sectors – to purchase equipment to fulfill a contract with EACOM Timber
- $30,975 for Millson Design Solutions to establish a design firm specializing in 3D scanning and industrial design.
-Source: Ontario Ministry of Northern Development and George Pirie, Timmins MPP