Listen Live
HomeNewsDSB-1 offering distance learning fulltime for elementary students starting in the fall

DSB-1 offering distance learning fulltime for elementary students starting in the fall

Complying with a government directive, the English public school board in our region is opening “Distance Learning Public School” in the fall.

As the name implies, DLPS will not be bricks and mortar, but will offer the Ontario curriculum virtually, from kindergarten through Grade 8.

Still, director of education Lesleigh Dye says DSB-1 encourages parents to send their kids to traditional, in-person learning.

“We have absolutely learned that during the pandemic, that the best way for students to learn is in person,” she outlines, “and so for families who want that opportunity, we strongly encourage that.”

- Advertisement -

The director reiterates that the board prefers students to be in a traditional school.

“If a family chooses to go virtual, we will also have mental health supports, indigenous supports, but the supports would be greater in our schools but we will have some of those supports in our distance learning school as well.”

DLPS will be for kindergarten through Grade 8. Registration is open until April 14th. Dye says 20 families have opted for it so far.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading