Northern Ontario will stay in lockdown for another two weeks, but in-class learning in northern schools resumes this coming Monday, January 11th.

The province’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David Williams says while earlier this fall the seven northern public health regions were in the green zone of the province’s reopening plan, now community spread is worse.

Williams says given that data, the health table along with northern municipal leaders have made the decision to stay in lockdown until Saturday, January 23rd at 12:01am.