The Timmins Family Counselling Centre is creating a new fundraising event in partnership with Kia of Timmins. It’s happening on October 15th, and all of the funds raised will go into counselling services, and mental health programming. Executive Assistant for the counselling centre, Jessica Rozon, says that means helping the most vulnerable people in the city. She says the fundraiser will also benefit people seeking support with depression, anxiety, and other mental health and life challenges.
However, the fundraiser is still looking for volunteers to help get it off the ground. The full list of needed help is below.
- Donate baked goods (i.e.: butter tarts, cookies, banana breads, brownies, muffins, fudge, pies, lemon bars, zucchini breads, etc.)
- Donate comfort foods (i.e.: meat pies, pierogies, chicken pot pies, lasagnas, pasta sauce, cabbage rolls, etc.)
- Assist with BBQ on October 15
- Assist with Car Wash on October 15
- Sign holders on October 15